Found out about these cool plates and bowls that you can make out fo cheap vinyl. I would recommend using vintage old classics or your fathers vinyl collection. I would go crazy if somebody used my vinyl collection to make plates and bowls, however you can visit a local charity shop and buy old vinyl records for something like 20 p , You know stuff like Bananorama, Phil collins, The gupsy Kings etc.
Personally i used a Bruce Willis record that i got for 50 p, I never new he had a record out. Its really bad by the way..Anyway Check out the following instructions on how to make a bowl/plate out of vinyl.
- Preheat your oven to around 200-250 degrees Fahrenheit (100-150 Celsius).
- Place your record on the center of an upside down pot or metal bowl. Put this onto a baking sheet.
- Put this into the oven. Keep a close watch because each vinyl starts to “flop” at a different time. It usually takes 4-8 minutes.
- Take the whole thing out of the oven (wearing oven mitts, of course) once you notice some real “flopping” going on.
- Put your record into another bowl and shape it around that, or you can hand mold it. Sometimes, you might like the way it looks right as you take it out of the oven; if so, skip the molding.
- Let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Flip it over.
- Put your bowl to use